- Lavender scented candle : For me, candles bring a very warm and calm feeling especially lavender scented candles. The scent of lavender has been known to have a calming effect on the human mind as it can also improve one’s mood.
- Old Nokia Phone: An old phone with no access to the internet or social media can truly help someone achieve a calm and carefree life.
- Vintage Vinyl Record Player: It would help listen to some of the old calming tunes which would bring the warm feeling of the past.
- Blue Light Blocking Eyeglasses: Such a gift will help lower the harm caused by all the screens around us as blue light has been known to damage the eyesight.
- A pizza: Eating some comfort food every once in a while, is good for the mental health as I believe that it is okay to let go every now and then as long as you stay consistent in the long run.
- Gym Membership Card: A Gym membership can be very beneficial as hitting the gym will allow a person to blow off some steam after a long day of work and submission while also improving the physical and mental health.
- Yoga Mat: Meditation and practicing yoga can help calm the physical and mental aspects by connecting the mind and body in a way that provides compatible understanding. Trying it helped me truly stay calm and composed during stressing times.
- Playing Padel Tennis with Friends: What makes padel such a good social sport is that it is a small team sport that is easy to learn. Playing it made me reconnect with many of my friends as we were able to communicate and play together. It is also a good way to blow off some steam after a long tiring day. Playing this sport with your friends is a good way to forget about all your hardships for an hour or two.
- An inspirational quote and a Quran: “This too shall pass” Whatever is happening now you’ve been through a lot, and you beat it all while coming out stronger than ever. “لا يكلف الله نفسا إلا وسعها”I love this quote from the Quran as it always reminds me that I am strong enough to get past everything thrown at me.
- The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast: Listening to this podcast allows me to relate to other peoples’ lives and stories all while making me laugh every once in a while. It really shows me that everyone has their own problems and hardships that no one knows about.
Link to a more visually pleasing document.